We recommend that instructors collect permission to use their students’ work for publication and professional purposes. Even if you are not intending on publishing your students’ work, it is generally helpful to have a record of their permission for future purposes. We have a Google form that you can send to your students. To use this form:
- Click the link and open the form. In the upper right-hand corner, select the 3 vertical dots next to “Send.”
- Click “Make a copy” and place it where you would like to in your Google Drive.
- Google should automatically take you to the copy. From there, you may either send it electronically to your students or print it.
- To send it to your students, click the “Send” button in the upper right-hand corner. Click the link icon (it looks like a chain) in the top middle of the form, and distribute it to your students. (You may want to ask them to take a few minutes to fill it out in class to ensure all of your students fill it out, even if they choose not to grant permission).
- To print it, click the 3 dots next to “Send” and select “Print.”