Taking a First-Year Writing seminar at UConn, or thinking of taking one soon? Check out these resources you may find useful:
- Course Descriptions: What to expect from your First-Year Writing seminar (English 1004, 1010, or 1011).
- Placement: A guide to knowing whether you should be enrolled in English 1004 or 1010/1011.
- Full Explanation of Writing Course Equivalency Review (formerly “waivers”): An explanation of how transfer students who have taken an equivalent class at another institution can apply for a waiver of their First-Year Writing requirement.
- Are You Eligible for a Writing Course Equivalency Review?
- Ethical Scholarship for Students: A guide to what constitutes ethical scholarship and academic writing at UConn, and what to avoid in order to avoid committing plagiarism or misuse of sources.
- Writing Resources: A set of links to tools and websites that may help you with your writing.
- Aetna First-Year Writing Prize: The First-Year Writing program coordinates the Aetna First-Year Writing Prize (sponsored by the Aetna Chair of Writing), an award for excellent nonfiction composed in a First-Year Writing class.